25 August: learn silver clay day
Time & Location
About the Event
The learn silver clay day workshop is a fun experience to create some pieces of jewellery to take away with you that day! You don’t have to have had any experience with jewellery making before and you will be guided through the processes. It's a fun and relaxing session with demonstrations and one to one support when needed.
Idea of what could be made on the day:
- Earrings (studs and/or dangles), with sterling silver backings
- Personalised pendant, with silver chain
- Pendent/s with cord necklace/s
You will have a gem to add to one item, I have a range of colours,
if there is a particular colour you would like on the day please let me know.
The above will all be made from selection of moulds, cutters and silver clay, you will learn lots of different methods of woking with silver clay and silver jewellery.
If you wish for me to supply you with some silicon putty to make finder prints of loved ones or pet nose prints in advance of your workshop to make jewellery with please let me know and supply me with your address. You are also welcome to bring along with you some items to make moulds from on the day to make jewellery from i.e., shells or charms from old jewellery etc.
If there is a item I sell that you have seen in my shop we can also make that together.
On the day there is a rough outline of what can be made but you can chat me through your ideas beforehand or on the day and if we have enough silver clay and time we can try and make what you desire.
The material we will be using is Silver Metal Clay which a fun medium to work with and once fired is 99.9% real fine silver.
During the 5+ hours you will learn:
• How to handle the silver clay
• How to cut it into a shape (I have a selection to choose from)
• How to stamp your personalisation or design on to the item
• Method of refining the dry piece
• Firing your pieces using a butane hand torch and a kiln
• Welding findings on to pieces
• How to polish and finish your pieces
The workshop is located in the studio or gallery space at The Round Georges pub, Brighton. If you wish to request a different date, arrange for a workshop at your location or you wish to arrange a large group please email me. Tea, coffee, drinks and a selection of food and snacks are available from the bar and kitchen.
- Learn silver clay£135£1350£0