Learn Silver Clay Day workshop - Brighton
The silver Clay Jewellery Day is a fun day to create some pieces of jewellery to take away with you that evening!
What could be made on the day:
- Earrings (studs or dangles), with sterling silver backings
- Personalised sterling silver pendant, with silver chain
- Mini charm sterling silver earrings and pendent with findings and chain
- You will have a gem to add to one item, I have a range of colours, if there is a particular colour you would like on the day please let me know.
The above will all be made from selection of moulds, cutters and sterling silver clay.
If you wish for me to supply you with some silicon putty to make finder prints of loved ones or pet nose prints in advance of your workshop to make jewellery with please let me know and supply me with your address. You are also welcome to bring along with you some items to make moulds from on the day to make jewellery from i.e., shells or charms from old jewellery ect. If there is a item I sell that you have seen in my shop we can also make that together.
On the day there is a rough outline of what can be made but you can chat me through your ideas beforehand or on the day and if we have enough silver clay and time we can try and make what you desire.
You don’t have to have had any experience with jewellery making before I can guide you through the process to help you create what you desire. This will be a fun and relaxing session with plenty of time to experiment and be creative. I will guide through every process with demonstrations and one to one support when needed.
The material we will be using is Silver Metal Clay which a fun medium and once fired is 99.9% real Fine Silver. If you wish to get your piece hallmarked I can send it of on its own, which has an extra cost or add you to a list for hallmarking at a later date where I send of lots of items at one time.
During the day you’ll learn:
• How to handle the clay
• How to mould the clay
• How to texture the clay and cut it into shapes or make moulds i.e., you could bring a shell?
• Methods of refining the dry pieces
• Firing your pieces using a butane torch and kiln
• How to polish and finish your pieces
Dates, time and location:
Please contact me to arrange a date or time that suites you if required. The workshop is located in the studio or gallary space at The Round Georges, Brighton. If you wish to have the workshop at your location this too can be arranged.
Tea, coffee, drinks and a selection of snacks are available from the bar, as the workshop is held in a studio above a pub.
A buffet (different budget options), high tea (£9pp) or drinks on arrival can also be arranged. More info here.